San Francisco, USA
Engagement Manager - Executive Recruiter
As the leader of the firm’s Executive Recruiting function, your mandate is to grow a successful recruiting practice that consistently delivers high-impact C-Suite and Board of Directors placements for the portfolio companies of our Private Equity Partner Firms. Your responsibilities will include the strategy and management of Kingfish’s executive recruiting team as well as direct responsibility for successful placements that support our portfolio companies and our partner’s portfolio companies.
- Proactive leader with a proven ability to take initiative, ensuring near term goals are met and steady progress toward the firm’s long term vision is made
- Effective team manager with significant experience coaching and managing others
- Demonstrated track record of success leading searches for C-level positions
- Excellent judgment with a proven ability to identify, vet, and close candidates
- Creative and thoughtful relationship builder
- Fluency in the private equity investing process – a plus, but not required
Location: Flexible. May work from one of our offices in the SF Bay Area, Washington, D.C., Denver or a home office. COVID-19: all employees are working from home for the foreseeable future until COVID risk is meaningfully diminished.
- Serve as a leader, setting the long-term vision and strategy for the Executive Recruiting Practice in collaboration with Kingfish Leadership
- Build a high performing Executive Recruiting team, managing and developing individual recruiters & researchers
- Consistently recruit C-level executives for board of director and top management positions for our and our co-investment partner’s portfolio companies
- Work closely with senior leaders of our Private Equity Firm Partners and key stakeholders throughout the process from spec development, through interim updates and candidate close
- Refine the recruiting process and infrastructure to continually improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
Kingfish has pioneered a new approach to private equity investing that places us at the intersection of people, ideas and capital. One of our core businesses is serving as an advisor to a limited set of high-performing PE sponsors where we help them identify and align proven operating executives who are well-positioned to accelerate their investment efforts. As our partnerships with PE sponsors expanded, demand has grown to include full-time C-suite placements and alignment of outside board members in addition to our advisory work. We have since established a formal Executive Recruiting (ER) team composed of senior recruiters in the US & India, supported by a research team based in India. At Kingfish, our philosophy is to find the best people and give them the freedom to learn, innovate and outperform. In that spirit, we are structured to ensure that each individual contributes substantially to firm strategy and goals, and there is extensive feedback on performance. We pride ourselves on assembling high-performing teams to pursue inspiring goals.
If this role describes you and the type of environment in which you thrive, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach your latest resume along with an introduction describing why your background is a fit for this role
- In the subject line, mention “Job Title – 2021”