San Francisco, USA
Our Associates work closely with our private equity firm partners, operating as an extension of their deal teams to evaluate investment opportunities and advance portfolio company initiatives. Specifically, Associates are responsible for
- Building relationships with industry executives and align them to support the team throughout the investment process
- Synthesizing information and translate into key insights that support investment decision making - Managing projects to deliver high impact insights and relationships that provide an advantage to the team - Leading company-wide initiatives that improve how we do our work and make us a stronger team.
- B.A or B.S with 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Relationship Building: High EQ with advanced written/ verbal communication skills, executive presence and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Intellectual Curiosity & Creativity: thoughtful in asking questions and pursuing answers, excited to learn
- Structured Thinking & Analytical: breaks down complex problems and solve them in creative ways
- Communication & Information Synthesis: effectively identifies key insights and present insights
- Project Management: ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with tight timelines
- Proactive & Collaborative: team player that takes initiative to improve the team and the firm
- Build relationships with industry executives and align them to support the team throughout the investment process
- Guide our research team as they identify industry executives and other primary information relevant for a particular investment opportunity
- Lead calls with industry executives, serving as the primary point of contact and ambassador for the firm
- Synthesize information and translate into key insights that support investment decision making
- Analyze industries, markets and competitive landscapes to better understand investment opportunities
- Perform primary diligence as needed alongside executive advisors throughout the deal process
- Identify key insights from information and recommendations gathered from conversations with industry executives and research
- Manage projects to deliver high impact insights and relationships, providing an advantage to the team
- Manage project plans and deal timelines, working closely with senior leaders at our private equity partners to ensure our work is focused on the highest priorities and maximum impact
- Create and deliver high quality presentations and memoranda for our Partners as well as Kingfish leadership (e.g. primary diligence deliverables, executive spec documentation, and Kingfish Investment Committee discussions)
- Lead company-wide initiatives that improve how we do our work and make us a stronger team.
Kingfish is a different kind of private equity firm. We have pioneered a new approach to private equity investing that places us at the intersection of people, ideas and capital. At the core of our efforts are deep, systematic relationships with proven operating executives. Our firm comprises two core business segments; our private equity investment business and an advisory business that supports a limited set of high-performing PE sponsors as they identify, invest in and grow businesses. Our philosophy is to find the best people and give them the freedom to learn, innovate and outperform. In that spirit, we are structured to ensure that each individual contributes substantially to firm strategy and goals, and there is extensive feedback on performance. We pride ourselves on assembling high-performing teams to pursue inspiring goals.
If this role describes you and the type of environment in which you thrive, e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Attach your latest resume along with an introduction describing why your background is a fit for this role
- In the subject line, mention “Job Title – 2021”