San Francisco, USA
• B.A or B.S. with 1 to 5 years of work experience, which may, but does not have to, include management consulting, private equity, investment banking, corporate
strategy/development, or similar experience
• High EQ team player with strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn about new industries and business models
• Analytical capabilities to break down complex problems and solve them in creative ways
• Fluency in the private equity investing process and/or complex LBO model construction – a plus, but not required
• Interact on a daily basis with CEOs and operators, seeking creative ways to involve them in our investment initiatives
• Proactively identify and analyze investment opportunities
• Work closely with our PE firm partners, advancing our joint priorities on acquisitions and portfolio value creation
• Participate as a member of the team in building our culture and setting our firm goals and strategy
Kingfish Group is a different kind of private equity firm, building companies in close partnership with top industry executives. We have pioneered an approach to direct private equity investing that places us at the intersection of people, ideas, and capital. We work in partnership with targeted executives and a limited set of high-performing PE sponsors to identify, invest in, and grow great businesses. At the core of our efforts are deep, systematic relationships with proven operating executives.
Our philosophy is to find the best people and give them the freedom to learn, innovate, and outperform. In that spirit, we are structured to ensure that each individual contributes substantially to firm strategy, and there is extensive feedback on performance. Authority is decentralized, and performance is rewarded based on achievement of goals.
Kingfish is a unique place that demands extraordinary tenacity, confidence, intellectual curiosity, and communications skills. We pride ourselves on assembling high-performing teams to pursue inspiring goals.